Friday, July 10, 2009

Flat Out


My second left-right combination put Tamani on her back mid way through round four. The blows didn’t make her sleep completely. Keisha’s friend lay mostly limp and motionless at my feet, nipples protruding from her ample chest and eyes shut.

“She’s clobbered, Max!” Keisha declared as we looked over my fallen opponent. A deep moan seeped from Tamani’s closed lips and her left arm began to rise, touching her forehead. Keisha cracked Tamani’s eyelids. They showed all white; Tamani was dreaming in the depths of her knockout.

“You seeing stars, Tamani?” Keisha asked as knelt next to her friend. Tamani’s groan was slightly louder and she began to smile. “”Big…” Tamani mumbled incoherently. “Purple…kiss..”

Keisha and I lifted Tamani to her feet and carried the groggy fighter back to her corner, her arms across our shoulders and baffled feet attempting to get a grip on the canvas. Keisha kept talking to Tamani, who babbled her replies. Tamani was still out cold and my girlfriend’s words were just a sweet voice in whatever dream Tamani was having. Tamani sagged against the turnbuckle when we sat her on the folding chair in her corner.

With a relaxed sigh, Tamani sank into total unconsciousness, unresponsive to Keisha’s gentle slaps to her cheek.

“Get the smelling salts,” Keisha ordered me. I gazed longingly at Tamani’s smooth thighs. “Lover Boy Max! Get the salts!” Keisha shoved me by the shoulder.

The Japanese girl leapt bolt straight from her slumber when I cracked the salts under her nostrils.

“Hey!...What?” asked Tamani.

“You got knocked out by Max,” Keisha told her. “Do you remember anything?”

“Just a smile on Max’s face and jack hammers pounding me all over.” Tamani looked at me disdainfully. “I think you enjoyed it!”

“Sure did!” I answered.

Tamani sneered as she got to her feet, even as Keisha advised her to go slow.

“I’m fine, I’m fine!” Tamani insisted. “Are you ready for some of your own, Max?”

“Whenever…”

“Glad to hear it!”

Tamani’s right hurled at me. I dropped out of the way and Keisha took the blow high on her right jaw.

“Ahhhh!...Ohhhh!” Keisha murmured as her eyes rolled up in her head. I snatched her up as she collapsed toward the chair. Gently, I placed my girl on Tamani’s chair. Keisha slumped like a rag doll, listing to the left, chin resting on her chest and lips dangling partially open.

“Is she okay? Oh God, I meant to knock you out, not her!” Tamani blurted in distress.

Keisha’s chest rose and fell normally. “She’ll be okay. You just put her down for a little nap.”
“Oh, okay,” Tamani said, a relieved smile on her face. “I guess I should try again.”

WAP!!!

All I saw was the entire gym rush upward around me in a blur that bled into darkness. I felt myself strike the canvas at Keisha’s feet.

“Right where you belong!”

Tamani’s voice followed me down as I went to sleep. I was flat out.

No comments:

Post a Comment