Friday, July 10, 2009

Monica and Max Part 5 - The First Robbery


I had a number of problems. I was in love with Monica and Koi, one a female crime fighter and the other a criminal. Without giving it much thought, I decided to balance the two until the caper came off.. And I wanted my money, all one million of it in old, untraceable bills! I’m a thief; I take and keep things that don’t belong to me. Why not try and get it all, I convinced myself, two girls and all the money I had coming to me.


After I told Avenger Girl about the planned theft of the security codes, she wanted to arrest them immediately. I argued that all we’d have is conspiracy to pin on them. We should wait, I said, until they tried to steal the codes. That would be a federal rap. I had to stall things until this caper came off, though I wasn’t sure how long I could. But at least Monica and I spent the night together without beating each other senseless.


A week later, I met with Sylvia and the rest of the gang. Koi, despite her sister’s irritated looks, was clearly in love with me, too. Sylvia couldn’t help laughing at me and Koi. She assigned us lookout duty, while she and Chikara obtained the necessary codes for the money cars’ security system. Chikara got even more annoyed. This is how Sylvia likes to run her operations: keep everyone in conflict so she can control the situation. I had a surprise for her when this caper finally came off.


As I stood at one end of the hall that housed the main Treasury computer banks, I knew Avenger Girl was somewhere in the building. We agreed that if anything went wrong with the arrest (which I had every intention of having happen) she would pretend not to know me. I looked down the hall at Koi. God, she is beautiful, I thought as she smiled at me. Yeah, I’m getting laid tonight, was my last thought before a chop hit my neck. I saw stars and my knees buckled. A pair of arms caught me as I tumbled to the floor. Avenger Girl was smiling down at me. “First thing they taught me in JLA Academy, Max,” she whispered affectionately. “Always ko the most dangerous guard first!”


BAM!!


Avenger Girl hammered my chin and I was out cold. I came to a few minutes later and staggered to my feet. I looked up the hall-Koi was gone. Shit! I dashed down the hall, calling her name quietly. Suddenly, I heard familiar voices as I went past the women’s room. What sounded like Koi’s voice very low and definitely Avenger Girl asking loud questions caught my ear. As I pushed in the door, I saw Avenger Girl had just slugged Koi painfully in the gut. She winced and her body doubled over in pain, Koi moaned an insult about Avenger Girl’s sexual orientation. Not the answer Miss Good Girl wanted to hear. Before I could stop her, Avenger Girl socked Koi on the chin.


Koi eyes widened for a moment and then closed as her entire body relaxed against the tiled wall. A soft, pained groan escaped Koi’s parted lips and she slumped to floor. Koi looked like a knocked out rag doll. For a moment I drank the scene in and then confronted Monica. “What was that about?” I asked.


“She wasn't giving me the answers I needed,” Avenger Girl said. “So I tried persuasion….I tried a little too hard…”


“Monica, that wasn’t necessary…she’s just a kid…”


“Have you nailed her, also?”


“No,” I lied. “Look, check down the hall and see what they’re up to. I’ll take care of her.”


“Fine…” Avenger Girl darted out. I knelt down and gently slapped Koi cheeks until she started to come around. “Ohh…my head…” Koi sighed. “What…where am I?”


“Avenger Girl slugged you,” I gave Koi a sweet kiss. “I’m proud you didn’t tell her anything. But in the future, don’t call her a dyke.”


“Yeah…okay..” Koi shook her head as she got to her feet.


We raced to the main computer room and found Avenger Girl in a fist fight with Sylvia. Chikara was on the floor, unconscious. Like an idiot (or as Koi called me later: “a horny idiot”) I watched the good-girl bad-girl cat fight in front of me. I would be pleased whoever won. Koi retrieved a black jack from Chikara’s pocket and swatted Avenger Girl on the back of the head. Avenger Girl moaned, staggered and dropped to ground out cold.


“Take that, bitch!” Koi yelled at Monica.


Having Koi and Monica together after this was over might be trickier than I thought.


“Get your sister, Koi, we’ve got the codes,” Sylvia ordered, catching her breath. “Get her out of here.” Sylvia withdrew a small hand gun from her pocket and leveled it at Avenger Girl’s temple. “NO!” I shouted, kicking the gun out of her hand. The pistol discharged as it escaped Sylvia's grasp. “You schmuck, she knows who we are, she has to die!”


“No Syl, I don’t want a murder rap in addition to everything else…” I saw the look in her eye and we both dashed for the gun. I jumped in front of Sylvia and kicked the gun away. “Stupid fuck, you always were a ..” I swung at Sylvia blindly, in total rage. Her head jerked sideways from the blow and she went right out.


I checked Avenger Girl. Her pulse was normal and small bump was on her skull. “You’ll have a hell of a headache when you come to…”


I put the flash drive with the codes in my pocket, along with the gun and escaped with the knocked out Sylvia over my shoulder. I placed Sylvia next to the still slumbering Chikara in the back of our van and Koi speed away

No comments:

Post a Comment