Friday, July 10, 2009

Monica and Max Part 3 - A Truce


It took a while, but I found the school Monica, aka Avenger Girl, taught at. I left a message for her to call back this number, claiming to be from the nursing agency that took care of her mother. The reply was rapid, since both of Monica's parents were no longer alive.

I asked Monica for a truce, as I had some information that she would be interested in. Sensibly, she did not trust me, a man who had koed her a number of times in previous encounters. But when I explained this would a major score for her and would establish her crime fighting credentials, Monica couldn't resist.

"What do you have for me, Max?" asked Monica as she slid opposite me in the isolated booth at Hathaway's, a local pub in my neighborhood. We were in the back by the pool room where no one could bother us. Monica was in her best teacher out fit, tasteful pants suit and clingy blouse and a pair of wire rim glasses that made her look like a slightly perverse librarian. God, I love this woman, I thought.

"You know Monica, dressed that way, you'd never think you like to beat up guys," I suggested. I affectionately clasped Monica's hand in mine. For a moment, she tried to pull them back, but then stopped and smiled at me. "As of yesterday, I'm part of a plot to steal old paper currency that is scheduled to be incinerated next month. This is the score you've been looking for Monica."

"How many people are involved?" Monica asked, apparently interested.

"Right now its just me and a former associate named Sylvia," I explained. "She's bringing in computer and security systems experts tomorrow."

Monica pulled her hands out of mine. "A former associate named Sylvia?"

"Yeah, sure....she approached me....nothings happening...."

"You mean former girlfriend....'I love you, Monica!'..." she responded in a dead on imitation of my voice.

"And I still do! I'm taking some serious risks, here, Monica!"

"Only the risks of a rat!" I decided to ignore that unsightly truth. "This could be just what you need to establish your creds as a crime fighter and get our partnership off the ground!"

Monica just sat up and turned her face away from me and looked toward the ceiling. Even her profile got me going. "What now?" I blurted.

Monica averted her eyes and, slightly, tilted her head at me. "I think it's a trap and you're part of it."

"I'm part of a trap!" I shouted, nearly leaping out of my seat. "You thankless brat! You're not important enough to be kidnapped!" Monica was laughing at me. I was getting annoyed with this young lady. And she knew it.

"You really need to grow up, Monica!" I said.

"Yeah? Are you going to give me lessons on how to grow up, Max?!"


"Sure as hell I am!" I angrily pointed to the empty pool room. "We can step in there and I'll give you some lessons in maturity!"

Monica jumped up delighted. I suddenly saw that she had been aching for a confrontation all along. "I'm you're willing pupil!" Monica replied, taking off her glasses. As she strode purposively toward the pool room, I asked Mike the bartender if I could have 15 minutes of privacy to have a chat with the young lady. He winked his agreement.

Closing the poolroom door behind me, I nearly walked into Monica who had changed into her Avenger Girl costume. I was stunned at how the costume changed her. Monica was a goddess, with her long, shapely legs, well muscled calves and goregous breasts. And her fiery eyes lit up when she saw my reaction. "Like what you see Max? I thought I'd give you something to dream about after I knock you cold!"

POW!!!

Monica's right hook sent me reeling. I let out two painful "OOOFFF!"s as she punched home a left-right to my stomach. Then Monica laughed with pleasure as her left put me against the wall. A left-right combo smacked my head back and forth. Monica rained punches on my head and chest until I felt myself sag.

Monica stopped to see if I was still awake and I socked her right in the jaw. She stumbled backward, but quickly recovered and Monica and began hammering each other without stop for nearly a minute. Finally, we both stopped and fell against each other, nearly exhausted.

"Now remember Monica," I reminded her as I gulped down air. "I'll have their complete plans in two days."

"Great...sure....fine..." Monica agreed between gasps of air. "Sounds like a plan!"

"Okay, Monica, say good night."

"Why...."

WAP!!!

I landed a short, sharp punch to Monica's chin. For moment, Avenger Girl swayed happily on her feet and a smirk inched across her face. A long, gratified sigh escaped her lips and then Avenger Girl fell foward into my waiting arms. She slumped limply against my chest as she went out. I placed Monica gently on a nearby couch and kissed her goodbye. Monica looked sensational flat on her back in dreamland. This was going to be a great partnership.

No comments:

Post a Comment